Sunday, January 18, 2009

Encourage Myself

I am here reprinting some of the things God has said to me lately, in my devotionals, to my spirit, through His Word, and in the words that I wrote here in my blog. I am doing so as an encouragement to myself, and to remember that my God loves me and takes care of me…






The test of faith is not merely in trusting, but in trusting God when all hope has disappeared.

All of life’s unknowns are perfectly within God’s sovereign control. If He has given you a promise, cling to it. He will do exactly what He has said He will do.

You, God, will do exactly what You said You would do.

What giant looms in your future? What battle are you headed for today? Are you claiming the victory right now in His name? Always remember – you have a faith that conquers.
Father God, there are giants ahead – tremendous battles to face. Give me the faith that conquers. I claim the victory right now in Your name.

Numbers 23:19 –
God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?

Hebrews 10:23b –
He Who promised is faithful.

1st Samuel 15:29 –
He Who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change His mind; for He is not a man, that He should change His mind.

Psalms 89:34 –
I will not violate My covenant or alter what My lips have uttered.

Isaiah 46:11 –
What I have planned, that will I bring about; what I have planned, that will I do.

More and more, I understand that God is a God Who fulfills His promises, a God Who does not lie, a God Who is mighty in battle, and a God Who rewards those who are faithful.

Faith is not easy. That I am learning. Some days I need more encouragement than others. Some days I do not listen to that encouragement, and get very discouraged. Some days, I get my eyes off of a miracle-working God, and onto the problems I am facing; I spend too much time judging the size of the giants, and not enough time worshipping my awesome God and Father. I tend to forget about His strength in battle, and have to be reminded of it time and time again by Him. And today, God has reminded me that, for right now at least, He is asking from me blind-faith.

Please pray that God super-abundantly strengthens me, so that I may survive to see the day of victory and rejoicing. And please pray that God continues to mold me into the man that He needs me to be…no matter how much it hurts.


Under God’s direction, Moses had led the Israelites triumphantly out of Egypt toward their final destination – the promised land. At a critical point in time – the moment of challenge – the Israelites took their eyes off the Lord and looked only at the obstacles. Are you facing a challenge to your faith? Is God calling you to a task that seems unreasonable? Don’t assess the situation by your limited resources; failure to see things God’s way may cause you to miss His blessing, and others may be hurt. Disobedience is always followed by disappointment and disillusionment. Trust God to deal with the impossible. You cannot be defeated when you follow God’s plan in confident faith.




God’s ways do not always make sense in a sinful world. His methods sometimes turn human reasoning on its head or go against popular opinion. And sometimes the benefits or rewards of obedience are delayed or delivered in a way that non-believers cannot recognize.
If others mock you for doing what the Lord says instead of walking in the world’s path, you can stand firm. The true and ultimate victory belongs to Him.

Though I have fallen many times, I rise again. I am still here. I am still faithful. I have two verse that are displayed in my house, both in the same picture-frame…
Exodus 14:14“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
and Psalm 46:10“Be still and know that I am God.”

This battle is the Lord’s; always has been, always will be. And He will win it.
“Let God be true, and every man a liar.”

"And sometimes the benefits or rewards of obedience are delayed" - Yes, sometimes they are. The greater the reward, the harder the battle and the longer the wait. Allow me to suffer through the hard times, so that God can use these things to shape and mold me, to make me into the man I need to be. This is my life, this is my path, this is my destiny.


Proverbs 16:1-3 –
The plans of the mind and orderly thinking belong to man, but from the Lord comes the [wise] answer of the tongue. All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirits (the thoughts and intents of the heart). Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.

Proverbs 19:21 –
Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand.

Proverbs 21:30,31 –
There is no [human] wisdom or understanding or counsel [that can prevail] against the Lord. The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance and victory are of the Lord.



Faith is a lonely road...
But it is the only road i have left, so I will walk it.


When you have a godly heritage, you will sometimes stumble into blessings. Great things will happen, and you won’t even be able to figure out why. Seemingly impenetrable doors will open supernaturally.
The Bible indicates that when we have this heritage of faith, we will live in houses that we did not build. We will enjoy vineyards that we didn’t plant. God’s blessings will chase us down and overtake us.


Step into your divine destiny.
Time is short. Find one thing that you’re passionate about and start giving yourself to it. And God will lead you one step at a time. Follow God’s divine destiny for your life, discover your calling, and stay in your purpose. Make a decision to keep pressing forward, keep believing, and keep stretching until you see your dreams fulfilled. Then one day, you will look back and say with confidence, “This is why God put me here.”

Meditate on these thoughts…
- “I have everything I need to fulfill my destiny”
- “God accepts me; He approves me; I know God has good things in store for me”
- ”I am valuable; I have royal blood in my bloodline; I have a bright future!”
- ”My best days are ahead of me.”


David mentally went through several steps to ensure himself of the victory through faith:
Recall past victories. David remembered God’s faithfulness and was encouraged.
Reaffirm the reasons for the conflict. Make sure your motives and heart are pure before God.
Reject discouragement. Always be wary of pessimism. Instead, practice recalling God’s promises to you.
Recognize the true nature of the battle. Claim your position in Christ as a joint heir and a beloved child of God.
Respond with positive confessions of faith. God is in control, and He will give you the victory.
Rely on God. All your hopes and security is in Christ. You struggle with human abilities and limitations, but God knows no limits.
Reckon the victory. David did, and you can too! Whether the victory comes today or in ten years, God will complete what he has begun in your life (Phil. 1:6).







Lastly, I would write something new here…

God has never given up on me. God must know what He is doing, so I will obey, and obey gladly.

No comments:

Post a Comment